Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Commentary two

I agree with Shannen on her article about Free Birth Control. Like in her article says, Texas has been ranked 5 out 51 on 2011 final teen births rates among female aged 15-19. This is bad, and now not being able to get free birth control is even worst. A 18 year teenager might not be able to provide the money to pay for birth control. I agree with Shannen on the fact that if Texas was able to provide free birth control for women or maybe any kind of help to not pay so much for birth control, it wouldn't be one of the highest states on teen pregnancy rates. This way we will be able to prevent many unwanted pregnancies and many abortions like she talks about in her article. Now what makes people think that a teenager are financially stable to have a kid when they can't afford birth control. Texas needs to do something and provide all women free birth control. Also in a couple of weeks I have an appointment with my doctor and I was thinking of getting birth control, but after reading this article I am a little bit worry about how much I'm going to pay.

No comments: